Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week Ten: Taffy Rainbow & Pot of Gold St Patrick's Treat

Ok, so I didn't post by the weekend, as promised, but at least I am done with my St. Patrick's Day craft early!!! That means tere is still time for you to get crackin! I mean, what toddler wouldn't love a sweet, taffy rainbow with a chocolately pot of gold? Who am I kidding? What adult wouldn't?


I saw a similar post on Pinterest using rainbow licorice but I prefer Laffy Taffy. It's easier to cut in half and, lucky me, it was on sale for 5 for $1! This will give you enough for two bags and will, in theory, reduce the bouncing-off-the-walls-from-too-much-sugar-toddler-psychosis! I also put a ribbon, hair clip on top instead of a "Happy St. Patrick's Day" label since, well, my two year old can't read! =)

What You Need
*Skinny Laffy Taffy in multiple colors
*Chocolate coins
*Snack sized ziploc bags
*Hair ribbon/ label/ stickers for decorating

I simply opened the Taffy (carefully so it doesn't break) and cut it in half.
Place in snack sized ziploc bag, fold the zipper part under and tape.
I clipped the hair clip on the zipper part behind the candy and DONE!

Tasty, cute and it only cost $3 for two bags full! And for the adults in the house, I am going to give these Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes a go! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Oh, and if anyone pinches you... feel free to slap them with your Laffy Taffy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment